Indoor Air Quality Guide in West Palm Beach, FL
Ewing & Ewing Air Conditioning offers this Indoor Air Quality Guide and indoor air quality services in West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens and the surrounding communities. For exemplary customer service, experienced HVAC specialists and unbeatable quality, South Florida residents and businesses call on Ewing Air!
Sometimes people might think that all they need for good indoor air quality is an air filter and an air conditioner. These elements definitely help, but most homes and businesses carry other contaminants that are not adequately addressed by these appliances. If not removed, some of these particles can cause significant health problems and lower your HVAC system’s efficiency, raising both your health care costs and energy bills.
This Indoor Air Quality Guide offers an introduction to the effects of poor indoor air quality on your health, the substances that contaminate your indoor air, and how you can improve the feel and quality of the air that you breathe.
How Does Poor Indoor Air Quality Affect Health?
Polluted indoor air can cause or exacerbate a variety of symptoms and illnesses, especially among the elderly, children, asthmatics and anyone with a respiratory illness or compromised immune system. According to studies, individuals who breathe low-quality indoor air may suffer from:
- Nasal congestion, cough or runny nose
- Unexplained rashes
- Dizziness or headaches
- A weakened immune system, which makes you more vulnerable to catching colds
- Nausea and vomiting
- Carbon monoxide poisoning, which is deadly
What Causes Low Indoor Air Quality?
Indoor air pollution usually develops from a combination of factors. Some of these can be detected through sight or smell, but most require special equipment for detection.
- Tobacco smoke
- Chemicals from furnishings, carpets or plastics
- Car exhaust, if an attached garage is present
- Toxic gases from combustion (fireplaces, furnaces, stoves)
- Dust mites, pet dander, mold, mildew, pollen and bacteria
- Household chemicals
- Dust, dirt and other debris within the ductwork
Each one of these elements can be removed individually if you know it’s there, but in combination, they have a multiplying negative effect on your health. If high humidity is thrown into the mix, then the problem becomes even worse.
How Can Ewing Air Help me Improve my Indoor Air Quality?
Since a mixture of elements is causing the indoor air pollution, a mixture of solutions is the best way to combat this issue. This will purify your indoor air, reduce the health hazards and lower your utility bills. Our specially trained professionals can help you assess your indoor air quality and design a custom approach that best fits your needs and budget. Depending on your circumstances, we may recommend a combination of the following:
- Change the HVAC air filters more frequently, using HEPA filters.
- Vacuum more frequently with a vacuum that uses a HEPA filter.
- Clean the building’s ducts and vents regularly.
- Make sure that your ventilation system remains clean and operational.
- Install a humidifier to regulate the relative humidity.
- Install an air filtration system with ultraviolet lights to destroy tiny particles and organisms.
Thanks to today’s affordable technologies, purifying your indoor air is a simple proposition. This Indoor Air Quality Guide simply provides an overview; for a more detailed and personalized assessment, call our office and schedule an appointment for an indoor air quality evaluation with one of our specialists. It’s a quick and easy way to help preserve your family’s health.
For more than 37 years, Ewing Air has provided honest and reliable HVAC services to the West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens and surrounding communities in South Florida. Every customer is important to us. We appreciate your business, and our knowledgeable technicians strive to provide you with the best heating and cooling service available. Give us a call today and experience our award-winning service for yourself!